Sunday, March 2, 2008

The down side of knitting is that it is tremendous fodder for procrastination. This weekend was designated for some much-needed cleaning. And here it is Sunday night, and instead of a clean apartment, I have the better part of a lovely striped sock. And it is lovely. I've been jealous of the Yarn Harlot's constant stream of socks in her basic recipe. They just look like such pleasant knitting with all the wonderful sock yarns there are to be had. And there are a lot of wonderful sock yarns to be had right here in this messy apartment! Today's yarn of choice is Austermann Step. It's infused with aloe vera and jojoba oil, so my fingers are nicely moisturized-- bonus! It knits up into wonderful wide stripes in some great colors. This pair has pea green, red, blue, and dark brown. Colors I wear often, so I guess the day hasn't been a complete waste. And the leftovers can go into the drawer for the sock yarn blankie (thanks to Shelly Kang!). I'll get pics up soon. But now I'd better wash a few dishes or I'll have to give myself a good talking to in the morning.

No comments: