Wednesday, March 12, 2008

From Stumptown to Sock City

Anyone know Stumptown? It's my hometown, and wonderfully spring-like before spring comes to Minnesota. A good thing about living in Minnesota is the endless need one has for warm, knitted things. This place has made me absolutely passionate about good wool socks. I finished a pair of nice, simple ones on my trip.

These are done in the Yarn Harlot's basic sock recipe with no modifications other than the unavoidable alteration of my gauge, funky SSKs, etc. You can see a couple other photos and read more on the Socks in the Cities blog (link at right). I knit these in honor of the Yarn Harlot's upcoming visit to our fair city. I can't wait! In the meantime, I'll be working on these.

They're Monkey socks by Cookie A from Knitty, knitted on size 2.5mm with Regia Design Line by Kaffe Fassett.





No comments: